We spend our time road tripping and staying in hotels most of the time it makes sense for us to gain hotel bonuses as much as we can. As we start out below are the two cards we currently use.
The key to earning the most hotel bonus points:
- Using the hotel’s credit card when staying at one of their hotels. Significant bonus multipliers for every dollar spent
- Look for special offers on the hotel’s website or through their app. These deals can add large amounts of bonus points for specific stays (certain locations, booking in advance, staying multiple nights)
- Spread your stays around to get to the top-level status and earn more bonus points on stays. Hotel credit cards tend to not give you an automatic status at the highest level
- Use your points wisely to keep a bank of points when you need them
Hilton Honors Surpass® Card
Earn Hilton Honors Bonus Points on everyday purchases from groceries to phone bills, then redeem your Points for reward nights and more.‡ Plus, get Hilton Honors elite status automatically with your Card.
- $95 Annual Fee
- Automatic Gold Status‡
- No foreign transaction fees¤‡
- Earn an upgrade to Diamond Status through the end of the next calendar year after spending $40,000 on purchases in a calendar year‡
130,000150,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points after you spend $2,000 in eligible purchases on the Card in the first 3 months of Card Membership.†
- Free Night Reward after $15,000 in purchases in a calendar year‡
- 10 complimentary lounge visits each year of Priority Pass™ Select membership, once enrolled‡
Earn Hilton Honors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases on your Card.‡
- 12X Bonus Points at Hilton hotels
- 6X Bonus Points at U.S. restaurants, U.S. gas stations, and U.S. supermarkets
- 3X Bonus Points on all other eligible charges
Other Cards Offered
- Hilton Honors Card: No Annual Fee, 80,000 Bonus Points, Automatic Silver Status, Lower Bonus Points on Spending
- Hilton Honors Aspire Card: $450 Annual Fee, 150,000 Bonus Points, Automatic Diamond Status, Higher Bonus Points on Spending
IHG Rewards Premier Credit Card
The right choice for frequent travelers and offers some of the better points-to-stay ratios.
- $99 Annual Fee
- Automatic Platinum Elite Status
- Earn 140,000 Bonus Points After spending $3,000 in the first 3 months from account opening
- Redeem Consecutive 3 Nights, Get 4th Night Free
- Anniversary Free Night. Earned each account anniversary year with a current point redemption cap of 40,000 points.
- Global Entry, TSA PreCheck® or NEXUS Statement Credit
- Up to $50 United® Airlines TravelBank Cash each year
- Trip Cancellation / Interruption Insurance. If your trip is canceled or cut short by sickness, severe weather and other covered situations, you can be reimbursed up to $5,000 per person and $10,000 per trip for your pre-paid, non-refundable travel expenses, including passenger fares, tours, and hotels.
- Up to 26X Bonus Points at IHG Hotels & Resorts
- 5X Bonus Points on Travel (includes non IHG hotels), Restaurants and Gas Stations
- 3X Bonus Points on all other purchases
Other Cards Offered
- IHG Rewards Traveler Credit Card: No Annual Fee, 80,000 Bonus Points after $2,000 spend in 3 months, Automatic Silver Status, Lower Bonus Points on Spending
note: information was valid as of Decmber 01, 2022. Information may have changed so please check before signing up.