1800 Little River Rd, Flat Rock, NC 28731 • https://www.nps.gov/carl
North Carolina, preserves Connemara, the home of Pulitzer Prize-winning poet and writer Carl Sandburg. Carl Sandburg Home National Historic Site has miles of hiking trails, goat barn, out buildings to explore and a great view of the mountains. This is much more than just a historic home.
Information & Tips:
- Currently no entry cost.
- More to see than his home as the site offers hiking trails, bookstore, goat barn and other buildings to explore.
- Advance reservations strongly recommended for a house tour. Day-of-tour tickets rarely available.
- Check the Calendar of Events as they often put on special events.
- There is a small gift shop on the bottom of the house if you want to pick up a park pin, patch or postcard.
- Leave time to visit the quaint local town of Flat Rock with its shops and dining.
(5 miles of trails)